Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:49:51 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Cyrus

A

Thunder and Lightning....

Started by Anonymous, June 13, 2020, 04:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

...It just rolled through.  Holy shit...  What a light show!  My power went out three times.  Internet is dicey.

It's just like the horror movies!

Anonymous

It was visually intense!

Earlier today I saw a Wild Turkey, with about 8 little mini turkeys running behind it.  I see this just stepping out to get into my truck to drive to the store!

It was kinda cool to see this on my own property...  Mama Turkey guiding her eight or so little ones to the path of adulthood!

Anonymous

Catch one of the young turks and keep it for a pet. When it gets a little older you can train it to peck cotton.

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=365983 time=1592038541
It was visually intense!

Earlier today I saw a Wild Turkey, with about 8 little mini turkeys running behind it.  I see this just stepping out to get into my truck to drive to the store!

It was kinda cool to see this on my own property...  Mama Turkey guiding her eight or so little ones to the path of adulthood!

Finally, Mel got a female to set foot on his property.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=366017 time=1592080379 user_id=56
It was visually intense!

Finally, Mel got a female to set foot on his property.

:MG_216:

Anonymous

It is actually lightning and thunder as you see the lightning first.

Go on.

Anonymous

It was visually intense!

Wild turkey is delicious Mel.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=366021 time=1592082092 user_id=3254

Haven't shot one yet (we're only supposed to hunt them in Spring and Fall, and of course pay for a licence to hunt them), but I could probably skirt those rules in my back property if I wanted to...

Anonymous

Quote from: Mel post_id=366022 time=1592082482
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=366021 time=1592082092 user_id=3254

Haven't shot one yet (we're only supposed to hunt them in Spring and Fall, and of course pay for a licence to hunt them), but I could probably skirt those rules in my back property if I wanted to...

Of course you could Twenty twos aint noisy.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=366023 time=1592082870 user_id=1689
Of course you could Twenty twos aint noisy.

That's what I was thinking.  Sub-sonic rounds from my scoped .22 probably wouldn't raise any eyebrows around here...

Berry Sweet

Mel, your area is the only area I have ever lived in where you could literally see a wall of rain....what I mean is, if you are in the right place at the right time, one side will be pouring ass rain, but if you step over a bit, there is no rain...and you can literally see the wall of rain on the non-rainy side.   So bizarre.

Berry Sweet

Upon reading the title of this thread, and started by Mel, I just assumed he drank too much beer and was paying for it...which is probably a nornal thing by now and nothing to write home about.

Anonymous

The weather here can certainly change very quickly!  Maybe because of the rather large mountains on either side of the relatively narrow valley!  Can go from clear skies and sun, to heavy rain, and back to clear skies within an hour...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=366034 time=1592086582 user_id=164
Upon reading the title of this thread, and started by Mel, I just assumed he drank too much beer and was paying for it...which is probably a nornal thing by now and nothing to write home about.

Nope.  It was a wicked thunderstorm.  Everything was calm, and then all of a sudden the night sky lit up like you wouldn't believe, and the rain came down hard.  It was over relatively quickly.

I wish I had a higher quality camera that could've actually captured the show properly...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet" post_id=366033 time=1592086413 user_id=164
Mel, your area is the only area I have ever lived in where you could literally see a wall of rain....what I mean is, if you are in the right place at the right time, one side will be pouring ass rain, but if you step over a bit, there is no rain...and you can literally see the wall of rain on the non-rainy side.   So bizarre.

I haven't seen the heavy rains in the Kootenays that Calgary gets..

We get big sized hail too.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview